Darrell G. Brooke is a community-minded Estate Planning and Trusts attorney who has donated hundreds of hours of his time to serve worthy local charities. In 2009, when the new Monrovia Public Library was built, Darrell served as Pro Bono Attorney for the Monrovia Historic Preservation Group on behalf of a lauded historic piece of artwork, the Bear Tapestry. Darrell set up a rent-free contract with the United States Postal Service by making the City of Monrovia responsible for the restoration and care of the Bear Tapestry. Today, that tapestry hangs proudly in the Monrovia Library, as seen in this photo.
About the Bear Tapestry
The famous, historic Bear Tapestry was created during the 1920’s by President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s Works Progress Administration. For many years, it hung in the Old Monrovia Post Office which was torn down in the 1950’s. During the building’s reconstruction, the tapestry was tucked away in a storage vault where it was forgotten until being found again by postal service employees in 2008.
An active leader in his San Gabriel Valley community and industry, Darrell is involved with the following non-profits and organizations:
- President, Levitt Pavilions, L.A. – Pasadena
- President – elect/elect, Monrovia Rotary Club
- Board member & Former Chair, Pasadena Playhouse Development, Outreach & Education Committee
- Legal Advisor, Monrovia Old House Preservation Group
- President (2009-2012), Friends of Levitt Pavilion Pasadena
- President (1995-1996), Old Pasadena Business & Professional Association
- President (2008 – 2010), Pasadena Quarterbacks
- President (1999 – 2000), Estate Planning Council of San Gabriel Valley
- Board Member/Board of Managers member (2011-2013), Santa Anita YMCA
- Planning Commission member (1997-1999), Sierra Madre, CA
- Member, Monrovia Providers Group
- Zumba Instructor, Pasadena Senior Center, Westminister Gardens, Royal Oaks Manor